Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Hills Life


On monday night Matthew threw a tantrum like I have never witnessed. I have never witnessed a tantrum like this because I am usually the one throwing it. He nailed it, he moped around and felt bad for himself, he refused to come out and say what he actually meant, it was one of his most touching tributes to me and I had no other choice but to reward his foul behavior. The man was in a spiritual and existential funk and when that happens there is only one question to ask yourself, what would my girls from the Hills do? That's exactly right, we hit the CLUBS! On a school night no less and we stayed out waaaay past 11:00pm.

Here we are at Modified( the exact equivalent of Les Deux I have been told.)
Matthew wanting to drown his sorrows in another man's Tecate.

Here are some of the other clubbers( 12 in total) acting to emo for school.
Your typical hipster line up (I was just glad that I DID get the memo about gray shirts, so hot right now.)

A shot of the band we saw, Ruby Suns, they put on a good show but those vintage 90's swim trunks were the real show stopper, naturally.

10 comments:

The Keslers said...

I'm about to throw a tantrum myself, now that I see that matthews moostache is gone.
brad.

Brown Sugar said...

Brad- the mustache is still very present, however it can only be witnessed with the use of flash photography.

Ali said...

he is such a fox right? You brought me back to the Rapid Fire days and by the way do they still play and if they do lets make a date. i will be down this weekend let's hang if your Hubby will let you (by the by i hate with a passion the word Hubby but i had to use it once in my life to see how it felt; Yep still hate it. i feel like a perv)!!

Adrianne said...

did Matthew cut his hair? I like it. Very happening place, but bet you didn't get to meet Micheal Vartan.

murdercitydevil said...

Woah, I just saw Ruby Suns here a few weeks ago...crazy.

Cicily said...

Matthew always gets what he wants and that includes men in short shorts. Sick pervert.

Bryan and Shelly Barney said...

I am glad to see that you are a Hills fan. I love that show. I wish Heidi would ditch Spencer.

Steve and Shell said...

um. i love the hills. we watched an entire season in one weekend.

i dont know how those girls stay so slim. all they do is eat out, and club!

did heidi get new lips? and boobs?

Anonymous said...

Okay, I hope you don't mind my comment. I just hopped your blog from Jessica's. Your comment made me laugh out loud, so I had to see who you were. And now I have to have your haircut!

Seriously. I have been toying with the idea of shorter hair, and now I'm really going to do it. THanks!!

Tammy said...

So glad you hit the clubs, that TOTALLY looks just like Led Deux! But money flies out of the ceiling at Les Deux, did that happen at your club?