Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Axe

I got laid off today. I and a large number of people that I work with were invited to a meeting this morning and when we arrived there was a lot of awkward silence and a small balding man read from a piece of paper that we were no longer needed. I kept waiting for the part where he told us about the all inclusive St. Regis resort and spa package included in the severance, but he must have forgotten.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/07/AR2008100702604_2.html?sid=ST2008100702063&s_pos=

However I did not forget to load up on stolen office supplies before I left. So take that armed guard at the door who went through my belongings, you didn't look inside my lunch box where I hide all of the loot!

All I am doing right now is trying to think, What Would Ferris Do?


Update by Matthew:
Just so ya'll know how i treat my lady right, i decided to avenge her Countrywide death through a series of covert sabotage operations. for those who don't know, here's a little background. for an unknown reason i was hired on as a member of the IT department for CW, despite the fact that my computer skills are what some people would refer to as barely above a John McCain level. But regardless, as part of my job i sit in a cubicle all day and make sure that company owned computer software is sent to the right people, and removed from the wrong people.
Translation: lets just say that the small balding man who read Lindsay the news of her lay-off today should not be surprised if tomorrow he starts his computer only to find out that he no longer has any software (including e-mail) to do his job.
phase two of my vengeance plan is in the works, i am fully prepared to recommit myself to a favorite jr. high hobby. copper thievery.

12 comments:

Minharos said...

I'm so sorry. You shouldn't have worn such a bright skirt- as cute as it is it draws too much attention.

Live it up while you can. Enjoy

Dangerford said...

Lindsay that suck! are you gonna be a full time anthropologie girl now. Just take the winter off.

Jenna Robert said...

Aren't you glad you took those days off? It's always a GOOD idea to ditch work.

Steve and Shell said...

all i can say is, gurrl at least you hawt. love that skirt!

Misty Smart said...

Lindsay You are so freakin cute and skinny!! You don't a need a job when you have the kind of "looks" you have. So I guess you will be able to come up to the ranch this weekend, to celebate???!!! Kallie just tried to call you. She wanted to tell you "it's ok because ashley got fired too, and that I don't want you to get another job, for after school you could come to nana's house and play with us. I love YOu" and I love ashley too"

Unknown said...

bummer, but its a good thing that you have ferris as your idol otherwise you would be pretty depressed im sure of it

Stacie said...

1. since i'm about to get married, (and we all know "gilbert girls instantly become nicer once wed"), i'll refrain from calling you a Loser (with a capital L) for getting layed off. just remember there's always mcgraths..

2.love your skirt

3.why haven't i seen you since i've been engaged?

4.i miss mama!

5.basketball weather!

Julie said...

damn the man!

The Keslers said...

Seriously though - at least you have your good looks and taut bod, you'll find a new job in no time!

Lindsey and Brett said...

That really sucks. But, way to get in there with a good defense, Matt. Now if that's not love and devotion, I just don't know what is!

Adrianne said...

If you don't need work clothes any more can you send me that skirt??

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AHCxdCUYM4

I promise this will explain everything that you are feeling at this pivotal moment. The play is over, guys. The play is over.