Monday, September 22, 2008

Save Ferris

After Watching Ferris Beuhler's Day Off, Matthew and I thought we should take a note from Ferris, Sloan and Cameron and take our own day off. I must admit that this isn't always the direct effect of watching 80's films, we tend to call in "sick" to work, dare I say once a month? We failed to get our paws on a vintage Ferrari, visit any Art museums, catch a fly ball at a Cub's game, front as Abe Froman the Sausage King of Chicago or incite a street dance riot from atop a parade float but we still had a pretty righteous day.

Making the sick call

my delight when I get a recording and not an actual human who wants to question my overall physical health.
Feasting on the best south Gilbert has to offer.
We risked going to Nordstrom Rack which is directly across the street from our office but I think we can safely assume it was well worth it when I found these gems.
and in our most un-Ferris move of the day I spent a good amount of time on homework and Matthew on reading some Steinbeck.

If you haven't called in "sick" lately I would highly recommend it, it is so choice.

15 comments:

Steve and Shell said...

nice crotch shot linds! mathew, are you reading east of eden? cause that is on like my top 10 favorite books, at least. i too also love sick days. steve and i will have to use you as examples, and get "sick" more often.

Steve and Shell said...

i read your blog title, and was hoping it was in refernce to the ska band, "save ferris" but i suppose the movie is awesome too.

Sharisa at Outstanding Occasions said...

I tried doing the once a month thing for a while and that eventually got old and I realized that I should just quit... but how awesome are those shoes?? Good find :)

Linsey said...

Love those shoes - totally worth it, even if it meant homework in the afternoon.

Dangerford said...

I wish i could call in sick but my husband is too much of a baby. or he's just a money hound. Always making me feel guilty if i even ask if we can call in sick and spend one day together during the week. you are a lucky duck!

The Keslers said...

Ferris is so choice, I have a crush on him - who wouldn't? I love those shoes mama!

p.s. I have not had the luxury of calling in sick for over a year, hence my dad works here. But I blog a lot at work to make up for it.

Steve and Shell said...

yes, my days of impressing boys are over (with knowing/buying underground bands) but what i have recently come around to, is searching for classical music on vynl. i aint impressin' no 'uhn there! and its worth the happiness it has brought to steve.

Jessica said...

I'm SO calling in sick to Emma, Gabe, Jane and Seth tomorrow. This is an awesome idea. And they'll be fine. 9 year olds walked their entire families across the plains by themselves in pioneer times. I'm not even worried.

Jenna Robert said...

When all of the temporary gilbert foreigners come in for the holidays can we throw a gilbert grind? I think Ty would really want to come considering he texted me: "I'll come over, I need a grip ah dat ass!" last night.

Ali said...

O that does sound nice my favorite part of that movie is when he runs home and jumps over all these amazing things and goes throw peoples houses and out runs his family driving, I am just have to go watch that now.

Cicily said...

Those shoes are so awesome. Happy Ferris day off.

The Kempiak Party of Five said...

I'm so glad we ran into each other and you stopped me! You're beautiful and still full of so much joy!

Anyway, we like a day off too as a family. We're still trying to figure out when to do it.

Thank God for fall break!

kelsey said...

What I wouldn't give to take a sick day! It seems to always be raining on my one day off. Curse those typhoons! And I agree that the shoes made it all worthwhile; they're fantastic!

The Ruttingers said...

let me know if you wanna come... We are having some friends over for halloween to pass out candy. we rented a cotton candy machine and are doing cider and sitting out side if you wanna come

Carla said...

All I can say is, It is irresponsible to call in sick when you are not sick. You might get laid off. (what do you expect, I am a mom)
Also, I must see those shoes in real life, I love love love love them!!!!!!!!!.

Mom V.