Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Don't Shoot!!!

To all who may be struggling with a last minute gift idea for the elderly or disabled in your life, get ready to send me a thank you note because I am going to throw you a bone. I came across this story while listening to NPR and it made me feel foolish that last Christmas I gave my aging Grandmother a hot water bag in a faux fur liner and not THIS.


Her very own, elderly and senile friendly HAND GUN!!! The clear choice for the disabled, easily startled and alarmed loved ones in your life. When thinking of my own Grandmother, a Tom Clancy super fan, I thought "I can not think of a single downside to this gift." The 2nd amendment loving manufacturers of the first ergonomically correct hand gun are marketing the Palm Pistol as a defense mechanism for the elderly against home intruders and ungrateful Grand Children. Despite being denied by the FDA to classify the Palm Pistol as a medical device and therefore make it available by prescription through medicare, I would wager a bet that they are still going to be successful. They are after all targeting one of the more paranoid demographics of our great nation.


1 comment:

Kristine hipps said...

I actually heard that report, too. It's a little scary to think about who has the ear of the financiers - these ideas actually get made. Who knew you could top the clapper for ease of use and practicality.