Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Family of Winners (not wieners)

There are two things that the Brown's do well, look good and win. And that is exactly what we were doing Sunday night. Matthew kicked things off by winning the betting pool we started at the beginning of the Amazing Race (and he wants his five dollars: Jimmy, Allison, Mindy and Ashley).


And I finished the night by embarrassing all of the people at this table with my insane Scrabble Skills.


The embarrassed loser's in question.


The Scrabble board that carried me to victory. If you notice in the lower left hand corner you will see the seven letter, 149 point word that slayed my competitors.

How do you score a 149 point word? Just call up the scrabble master (my new handle) and I will let you in on how I get all my pretty little tiles lined up in a row.



9 comments:

kelsey said...

If that's the Brown legacy than I'm really going to start engaging in bets more often (Hong Kong Jockey Club here I come).

I'm impressed with those Scrabble skills. I usually always cheat and still manage to lose. -I guess that's an indicator I missed out on the wining gene and should not start spending all my nights at the race track.

Minharos said...

I think Kelsey meant she missed out on the winning gene, cause we all know she has the whining gene. I'm sorry Kels, but I couldn't resist.

I wasn't aware we had winning genes so much as poor sport genes. Steer clear of flinch!

The Keslers said...

Did Matt also bet on the possibility of Nick and Starr secretly dating and not really siblings? Because sometimes I thought they were uncomfortably close.

Linsey said...

I do not play scrabble, my ego is too fragile! :)

Steve and Shell said...

lindsay...u must teach me your scrabble ways.

Steve and Shell said...

p.s. please load your pictures so they get bigger! your such a tease. sometimes i want to see your face on my entire computer screen.

Mindy said...

ashley is paying my $5 from money she owed me, so she is taking care of my responsibility. great job, and thanks (sigh) for metioning that i totally helped you out on that word and gave you the 50 point bonus. you still got some scrabble skills to learn obi kanobi linsey. ha ha

Lindsey and Brett said...

I'm honestly not sure if I've ever played Scrabble. But I'm still amazed at your skills.

Kristine hipps said...

Just hope you didn't inherit the Brown poor sport gene. Scrabble tiles would hurt if thrown in someone's face...