Thursday, June 10, 2010

olive days and olive nights

just to clear the air, the last two photos on the last post were not our baby. they were the result of a google image search for 'newborn asian baby'. it was a bad joke. but here are some more pictures of our real baby from the hospital and at home.

somehow the tv in the delivery room ended up on c-span while Olive was born. we think this choice in television programming was representative of what a boring and mellow baby she's been so far. not that we're complaining. we love our boring, mellow baby.





since she was an ASU girl in the womb she's been insisting we let her sunbathe in the window a few times a day.


today was our fourth wedding anniversary. i'm sure that next year we'll want to go out and enjoy just each other for a night while someone babysits her, but this year it felt really nice to hang out at home with our new gal and watch the celtics beat the lakers. here's hoping that on anniversary number five the Suns are still playing. know what i mean guys?
also, big thanks to all the friends, family, and strangers that have shown our family their love and support in the past few days.

8 comments:

sbk said...

Congrats Browns! Olive is such a cutie - we love her!

Adrianne said...

I'm DYING to be there and hold her. She's going to be so big by the time I get to love on her. May she stay mellow and relaxed like her parents!!

Julie said...

i stand by last comment, I still think that last photo of the baby looks like you, I mean you did live in China for a long time, and had a hospital stay while you were there, coincidence?

Lindsey and Brett said...

After your last post, I asked Brett, "wait... did they somehow have an Asian baby?" These pictures seem more accurate. She's a little cutie. I'm glad you're letting her soak up some sun too. And don't worry, I'm sure she'll liven up eventually. I thought Wes was mellow... now he hardly ever stops moving and wiggling.

Kristine hipps said...

Great photos. Great baby. Great parents :)

Minharos said...

I love the new pictures, thanks for the update. She is so sweet! I can't wait to meet her and see you guys. It's a little strange to hear you talk about needing babysitters, but I'm so happy for you guys!

Sharisa at Outstanding Occasions said...

Olive is such a cute name! She is destined to be as adorable as you are! Congrats to you and Matt :)

Cicily said...

I haven't even met her, and I already like her. She's a cute one.