Monday, July 5, 2010

california dreaming

It's hard to feel patriotic when it's so hot outside you think you are experiencing organ failure each time you walk to your mailbox, so Matthew, the kid and I took a quick trip to the coast for the 4th.

olive's first beach experience will read rather boring since she spent the whole time face planted into Matthew's chest.

There's always money in the banana stand. We spent the 4th on balboa island enjoying the best frozen banana and balboa bar the island had to offer.



despite the puff sleeves and yellow bow everyone thought Olive was a dude. She was disapointed that no one could appreciate her attempt to look Cali-casual.

Here are my two babes enjoying a Santa Monica view while being burped to sleep. I was nervous about taking this act on the road but we had a great time and Olive slept almost the entire time. Riding in the car and stroller acted like baby cat nip for her.

9 comments:

Steoffrey said...

She is amazing. People are stupid, the guy at the car dealership the other day asked if ivy was a boy because "welllll, she was wearing a blue bow!"

Bert and Benton said...

"There's Always money in the banana stand!" That's been quoted around here a lot, especially since Crew was just given a "banana Stand" outfit.

Looks like a good time!

******** said...

i love ms olive and miss her!! She is so cute in her CALI outfit!

Anonymous said...

This is my first glimpse at your baby, and she is quite the adorable little thing. Congratulations!

kayla roussel said...

she looks sooo cute in her outfit!!

Dangerford said...

you can count on kids being androgynous in the eyes of strangers for at least the first 2 years. its ok olive is a super cute chica!

Jena and Jason said...

Ok I love her name and her SHOES! She had shoes on, how adorable is that. And the boy thing will happen forever. I swear, I put my lil one in a pink shirt, pink top and matching bow and peeps still say, "oh you lil boy is so cute". Well the people colors do have genders.

Leisel said...

how brave of you to get on the road already. I had a dream last night that when I came again to see your baby, it was a boy with TONS of poofy red hair and he was really heavy! I'm glad Olive is still cute little Olive.

Tammy said...

ahhh, you were in my hood. Olive is so cute. You guys are just adorable....

Come visit in SF anytime, I move next week.

RocknRoll, live the dream.....Brown suggssssss