Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Oprah, eat your heart out.

Once while Matthew and I were dating I overheard him tell someone that he didn't like to read. I was very alarmed by this statement, not because of my love for fine literature, but because he was basically telling people 'I'm not very smart.'I informed him that many people don't enjoy reading(Nazis, male chauvinists, illiterates..) however it is never acceptable to tell people that you don't like to read. Well it appears that Matthew has had a change of heart, and we have been spending our afternoons and weekends enjoying these books(currently only one is on the Oprah Book List, which makes us feel much cooler. Im not sure why.) Tortilla Curtain, Kite Runner, Confederacy of Dunces, Life of Pi and 100 years of Solitude.

visuals to illustrate how we get real with reading inside and out.
(they may not be visible in the photo, but trust me, we had books with us.)

This is me, getting ready to exhale and then get loveswept.

8 comments:

Minharos said...

Congratulations for reading, and for finding such a great library. I like to read, but don't do as much as I'd like. I have read Life of Pi and Kite Runner though. I liked them despite all the heavy stuff in Kite Runner. Conversely, Levy liked it because of that stuff. Let us know what you think.

Cicily said...

What? The sign on the stacks actually says "Loveswept"? Now that is just creepy. You two are so smart it's amazing I haven't distanced myself from you, so as to not appear less intelligent.

Steve and Shell said...

i like this last picture. it really shows your sensitve side.

The Keslers said...

What kind of library are you at? Or did you place those signs there yourself for a good prank?

Steve and Shell said...

you didnt mean that.

Jessica said...

Very good book choices.

And if he IS actually a Neo-Nazi, we have a whole contigency living about 20 minutes from us in Idaho, so feel free to visit us, or move.

The Keslers said...

thanks alot for the update friend. Its good to hear that the sunny suns are putting up a fight.

Adrianne said...

There is a lot to be learned from romance novels, you should lower your reading level and get to the "heart" of things.