Sunday, July 27, 2008

In Corporate America there is something known as mass layoffs and just like it sounds it is when a large company( who has usually just been caught or is under investigation for shady business) layoff a large number of people at one time and do it in the most tasteful of manners. This happened where I work on Monday, however I was not there to witness the slaughter because our car wouldn't start and I didn't get to work until well past eleven. I am not totally sure what happened all I know is that my office used to be packed with people sitting in their cubes trying to discreetly browse the internet while pretending to work and now it is totally empty! Im not even sure if I still work there because as I mentioned above I was late that morning and missed the pink slip party.

This is me laying low in my cube hoping that no one will notice me and investigate whether or not I am still even employed by them. Personal note, remember to wear more soothing neutrals to try and blend in more to the office furniture, better chance of going unnoticed.

This is my totally empty office that is really eery feeling and has terrible lighting.

yeah thats right, I have two monitors.

++++++++++Real life, behind the scenes bonus+++++++++++
This is me trying to set up a self timer photo shoot in my cubicle, what this documents is me realizing how bright the flash on my camera is. What I am trying to say is, my fellow coworkers(the 12 left) just survived a huge downsizing and are a little skiddish, my flash photography was not appreciated.



7 comments:

Lindsey and Brett said...

Yikes that's scary. Well, I'm glad you survived the cuts. Keep laying low and wearing those neutrals and I think you'll survive. If not as an employee, at least as a good piece of furniture.

The Keslers said...

Thats insane. Good think you are dually employed. Cute cardi!

Steve and Shell said...

you dont neeeed them! they need you! remember that.

p.s. how is anthro going.

Adrianne said...

Don't forget, just because there are only 12 of you in the entire office does not mean you can be guaranteed alone time in the ladies... I LOVE your haircut and your cardigan. Have you started shopping for me yet!

nadia shea said...

Well if you end up unemployed/broke/homeless/whatever...

at least you are doing it in style.

Love your cardigan!

ArizonaLewis said...

amazing. i can't stop laughing. lay off the flash and eating corn nuts. both are known to stimulate the senses. :)

Julie said...

Has anyone seen my stapler?