Sunday, May 3, 2009

Lilleth Fair

I went to Women's Conference this weekend with my Mom and Sisters. It was an incredible time filled with spiritual highs and straight fear of being trampled by 18,000 bossy women with determined mom-frown faces, speed walking around BYU campus. There are two reasons that I was able to survive the speed walking mobs, one I spent time in the People's Republic of China where death by foot is common and second I accidentally went to the movie theater the same night as the premiere of Twilight and on a trip back from the bathroom I almost got trampled by a stampede of women with serious crushes on 17 year old vampires. I am sure that some of those same women who bulldozed passed me at Harkin's Theater tightly clutching their personal copy of twilight that frightful night were in the same crowd of women who stole BYU mint brownies straight out of my hands at the CougarEat this weekend. To borrow a fav saying of my mother's, Oh No She Didn't!

A display of Ashley's parking skills

Misty showing us her "backstage" pass

Ashley and I had a photo shoot on the lawn, we were trying to convey a mood of quiet contemplation. This is Ashley's best attempt.

This is all I could come up with. I do my best thinking like this.

3 comments:

Steoffrey said...

i love this post a lot.

sbk said...

Only at a women's conference would someone steal a brownie out of your hand.

Kristine hipps said...

Hilarious! I agree that some of those women are not to be messed with. Glad you survived with your sense of humor and style intact.