Sunday, July 12, 2009

Books, Check em out!

What do you in the summer when it is so hot outside that the 3/4 mile walk from your car to your office may be causing organ failure? Stay inside and get your read-a-thon ON!


We have featured books on our blog before (ie: the four part series on Burt Reynold's autobiography courtesy of Matthew) but we have had to realize that no matter how much you love a book someone you love may not love that same book and as baffling as that is you still have to find a way to keep on loving that person, even though you have begun to seriously question the state of their humanity. So here are some of our favorite summer reads that you may or may not enjoy, but if you don't enjoy them please lie and tell us otherwise.


I am not even going to try and write a summary, they pay people to do that and I am already writing a annotated bibliography for my Research Methods class.

The Hakawati (Lindsay)

The Elegance of the Hedgehog
(Lindsay and Martha Stewart according to US weekly)

Herzog (Matthew)

If you have any book recommendations we are gladly accepting because it appears that our two bff's and former neighbors are deserting us and heading to Zion (Provo, UT) for higher altitudes and educations. Idiots.



8 comments:

Brett Walker said...

I feel like you two are light years ahead of me in so many ways - literature being one of them. I do know that the word "Hakawati" is Arabic for storyteller. But that's about all I have to contribute to your southwest intellectual lifestyle.

Since I haven't read a non-fiction book in over 10 years, I'm going to need you two to suggest some stuff that will blow my mind. I need something really frightening and political and sensual.

Brett Walker said...

that's supposed to say "fiction" not non-fiction. Boy is my face red.

Steve and Shell said...

chabon- the amazing adventures of Kavalier and clay. good stuff!

sbk said...

We may seem like idiots, but can you blame us for wanting to escape this heat? I didn't think so. Don't worry though, I already hate our new neighbors before meeting them. You will never be replaced.

Adrianne said...

please send all those books my way so I can read them and then tell you how much I loved them, even if I did not.

ArizonaLewis said...

please read "The Pillars of the Earth". ken follett.
it's the best rape/architecture book ever written.
and that's an accomplishment.
plus there's plenty of eyebrow raising bum washing chapters.

you may have already read it, like the rest of the country. i'm a little behind.

ps- if you know of any other amazing antique stores send them my way.

Dangerford said...

I am in the middle of the lord of the rings. its great but i read too slow.

******** said...

Lindz-I love the clothes your sister made...she is super crafty. Ohh, craft night is next Month on tues. August 11th Huh? Is there anyway that we can do the next day or the next week cause I really want to do crafts with you guys but Aug. 11 is our wedding anniversary. just a thought!!!