Monday, March 5, 2012

Febuaury

It's time to resurrect the blog and start recording our family history, it is the only genealogy work I am interested in doing. This counts as genealogy right? 

You have to start somewhere and it might as well be February, it's the shortest month of the year and it is also Black History month and Valentines Day. Although there is no mention of either holiday in our February recap I am going to forge ahead.

Matthew did have a birthday in February and we celebrated Southern Arizona style with a trip to Bisbee and surrounding areas.

TUCSON


We stopped in Tucson on our way to Bisbee and went to the San Xavier Del Bac mission it was neat I think but I was in a hot dog coma so I can't really say. The real pilgrimage was to the inspired El Guero Canelo sonoran dog stand. I love hot dogs and carbs and  free salsa bars that have pickled carrots and what I think are smoked green onions but I have no real idea. This place did not disappoint and I am unwilling to disclose how many of these oversized hot dogs we ate. not the best start to a romantic birthday weekend, but I have no regrets.


BISBEE

Bisbee is the perfect mix of charming and weird with some copper and mineral deposits mixed in, an existential delight. It's filled with art galleries and antique shops and crusty hippies with even crustier looking dogs.
Adorable right?

We took the scenic route home and headed west for Sierra Vista, along the way we made a few stops. Like to a charred hillside with an enormous angel and cross effigy. There were no plaques or information posted so I assume they just appeared there.

 of course we stopped in Beautiful Downtown Palaminas, and as advertised it WAS beautiful but we are still unclear as to where the downtown was.

It was a great trip and I have decided that the best birthday presents to give your spouse are ones that directly benefit you.

3 comments:

Lord of the Lez said...

You've inspired me to also bring my blog back...seriously Linds...you're such a great writer. Your tone is 100%, you. I love it :)

Tammy said...

Love it, glad you are back....and you admit to loving hot dogs, you never cease to amaze me girl. Those mountains are incredible, really a beautiful spot. Love the hippy bug.

sbk said...

I love the quirky towns Arizona has to offer.

P.S. I'm so happy you're blogging again!