Friday, January 11, 2008

Fault and Fancy Free


Matthew has been favoring a new little catchphrase around the house these days. I will make comments about the condition of things in our home,work, school or the Universe and his reply- "that's not my fault." Adorable, I know. The other night as I was going to bed I considered how early I had to get up for work and commented," Im so mad that it is this late!" and Matthew replied, "that's not my fault." And I guess he is right, it might be his fault that he chose to stay up so late, but timezones, international date lines, daylight savings, mountain standard time, the rotation of the Earth's axis... those things are not his fault. So next time something is your fault, like getting a stomach ache from eating a McFlurry(when you know they give you McFarts),consider all of the things that are NOT your fault(and certainly not Matthews fault.) PT Cruisers, sweatpants that have lettering on the butt, vanity plates, Sanjiya, Panda Express, Celine Dion... All Not your fault!

6 comments:

******** said...

is that the same polo button up that i witnessed on new years eve night?

No i dont think it is.

The Keslers said...

If I listen to Celine Dion on my own free will, and learn to play her songs on the piano...is that my fault?
No it's not, I blame Celine for putting so much emotion and power into her music.

Stacie said...

It's not my fault I'm wearing pink sweats that say "PINK" on the bottom right now, right?

Tammy said...

And its not your fault that you are adorable and cute either!?

Daydreaming, tree hugging human named lindsey said...

Lindsay, I hope and pray that you remember me. I have been looking at your blog and boy oh boy have I had a good laugh or two. You're still crazy. Looks like God tapped your life on the shoulder with his magic wand. yes indeed. ~Lindsey

Stacie said...

Just to let you know, 425 E. Center St. gals have adopted your catchphrase. Whenever anyone complains about the water being too cold in the shower someone replies, "not my fault", when in fact- it very much is. Or when someone complains about someone blocking them in the driveway, again- their fault. Not to prove your point wrong or anything, I just want to let you know what a burden that awful saying is around here.