Wednesday, January 16, 2008

J high tripping on the airwaves of 97.5

Matthew's Ipod broke a few months ago, so we have been "sharing" mine. During these sharing times I have become reacquainted with the radio airwaves of the valley and would recommend 97.5 fm to the listening pleasures of anyone in signal. They only make one promise to their listeners, to make you move. They have never unfulfilled this promise to me and so I declare my loyal listenership to them. There morning lineup this morning touched me (poked me) on a very personal level and sent me straight back to my nights of Junior High dancing. They played every ones favorite song from R&B dream team, Next. I distinctly remember dancing to this song in the eight grade. I remember it so well because it filled in some of the many gaps in my sexual education. It also made me look at all of my male counterparts at the dance in a very skeptical way and embedded a deep fear of slow dancing that lasted into my late teens. I have included Next's music video of their coming of age classic and a photo of me in anticipation of my eighth grade promotion dance so you can get a better idea of the scenes from my youth that I revisited this morning.




10 comments:

Minharos said...

Wow! I hit play and it all came back to me. What a truly terrible song and thank you movin 97.5 for playing such inspiring music! I think every time I've turned it there I've heard TLC's classic Waterfalls. What more could you ask for in a radio station?

I also like the picture of you before you were corrupted by this song. You look so innocent and naive to the horrors that awaited you at the dance.

Anonymous said...

i must say you are one ravishing and buxom 14 year old ...i am STILL jealous

bb

logan said...

How are you boobs bigger than mine are now when you were in sixth grade???

Steve and Shell said...

you just won multiple funny points, and may have inspired a music video yet to come. those dancers know what their doing!

p.s. love your handbag.

Stacie said...

get lost you skinny freak!

Cicily said...

A truly beautiful song, that horrified many young girls. I especially love the music video. Leather jackets and no shirts is always so sexy.

Ashley said...

I have one thing to say...PLEASE for the love of all that's holy & right take down that picture of me!!! I have got to remember to choose all actions very carefully when in your vacinity with a loaded camera.

Adrianne said...

priceless. There is nothing else to say about this post.

sbk said...

sorry about the rummi tournament. brad's meeting went late. perhaps we can rain check for this weekend?

Linsey said...

Love the dye job on the matching shoes - seriously, do you still have them?