Friday, December 28, 2007

Top 40

2007 had to have been one of the most musically packed years of my life. i think that it even rivals those great pre-missionary years when Peter Dangerfield and I practically lived at used record stores. So, here is a list of my 40 favorite albums that were released this past year. There were a few other albums that I liked that aren't here, and a few that i know i'll like but I haven't had the chance to hear yet (jimmy eat world, ghostface killa, wu-tang clan), but the list had to end somewhere, and 40 seemed about right.
Also, for some of the bands, I've included some links in case you want to exercise your clicking and reading muscles.
Oh, and I do have to make a confession about #39 on the list. I haven't actually heard very much of this album, nor do I own it, but i've included it because a lot of the songs that I have heard were in ryan's room the other night while Tony Salvucci gave us a very emotionaly charged karaoke session. so that pretty much made it a lock for the top 40.
--matthew
TOp 40 Albums of 2007
artist - album
40. Okkervil River - golden opportunities ep
39. R. Kelly - double up
38. Yeah Yeah Yeah's - is is ep
37. BOAT - lets drag our feet
36. Shocking Pinks - shocking pinks
35. Yeasayer - all hour cymbals
34. White Rabbits - fort nightly
33. Modest Mouse - we were dead before the ship even sank
32. Liars - liars
31. Sunset Rubdown - random spirit lover
30. Kevin Drew - Broken Social Scene presents... Spirit If
29. Bishop Allen - the broken string
28. Apostle of Hustle - national anthem of nowhere
27. Grizzly Bear - friends ep
26. St. Vincent - marry me
25. the Deadly Syndrome - the ortolan
24. Wilco - sky blue sky
23. Kanye West - graduation
22. LCD Soundsystem- sound of silver
21. Justice - t
20. Interpol - our love to admire
19. Black Kids -wizard of ahhhs ep
18. Caribou - andorra
17. Blitzen Trapper - wild mountain nation
16. Band of Horses - cease to begin
15. the Shins - wincing the night away
14. Chromeo - fancy footwork
13. M.I.A. - Kala
12. Jay-Z - American Gangster
11. Albert Hammond Jr. - yours to keep
10. the National - boxer
9. Okkervil River - stage names
8. Radiohead - in rainbows
7. Animal Collective - strawberry jam
6. Menomena - friend or foe
5. Panda Bear - person pitch
4. Spoon - ga ga ga ga ga
3. Feist - the reminder
2. Handsome Furs - plague park
1. Arcade Fire - neon bible

2 comments:

Brown Sugar said...

Is this a work approved activity?

Brown Sugar said...

simmer down mama. i think that me posting a blog at work is doing far less damage to my employer than the hundreds of dollars worth of stolen pens that you've hit your boss for.
oh, and by the way everyone, lindsay wants to be known purely as "Mama" from here on out.