Friday, December 7, 2007

When I was single I used to frequent nail salons to have my fingers and toes serviced. I would go on Saturday afternoons, sometimes I would go with my sisters or other lady friends or by myself, it didn't matter. I just liked to go and read trashy magazines and listen to over caffeinated middle age women yell at their husbands and children on their cell phones. It was fun, but never did I think it was necessary, I was sure that I would be capable of maintaining and painting my own nails. I got married and then I got poor so I no longer went to nail salons on Saturday afternoons. And sometime after that I realized that in fact I am not capable of painting my toes and fingers. It is hard, I am very messy at it and whenever I attempt it I become depressed and miss my days of expendable income and youth. If I were ever a Young Womens leader I would give a lesson stating the facts about being young and married.

sometimes this:
also means this:
(I would use this very picture because it is grotesque and scary and reminds me of the photos they used in health class to scare you into being abstinent)
and this:
(enlarge photo to view this poorly executed polish job.)
Can you deal with it?

8 comments:

Bryan and Shelly Barney said...

Lindsey--

I have never noticed that my hands were in my armpits thanks for pointing that out. I love your pictures and wow you really are a good nail painter! We need to play some more b-ball!

Linsey said...

Here's a tip - paint your nails before you go to bed. Then in the morning while showering, you can peel off the imperfect edges and you'll look like it was done by a pro.

Or, move to South America, manicures and pedicures are practically free.

Stacie said...

cut it out linds!


ps- i have something i want to show you.

Jessica said...

I've been married 10 years and my toes still look like that. Sorry to be a downer. We should've have married Jeff Wycoff...he wears cardigans AND makes enough money to support manis and pedis.

kayleen said...

wow. that makes me think twice about staying married.

Adrianne said...

can't you just go with mom and get her to pay?

RegaNater said...

Well at least you have a pretty wedding ring! That's all I noticed when I zoomed in. Good job Matt!
PS. Tell matt I hung out with John Beatty last night! PURE comedy that one.

Tammy said...

Well you are adorable even with imperfect nails, it adds to your edginess. But if you want to visit the mani/pedi spot each week or every other week like I do, just get a stressful, high paying job and overcommit your life to career and you will be forced to go to the mani pedi joint just to keep up your professional image...I actually hate going because I can think of 5 other things I would rather be doing! So its a matter of "the grass is greener" my dear friend Linds.