Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Wedding and a Funeral

The wedding was Julie's, the funeral was Ashley's. Sometimes at weddings they serve a full buffet line for dinner. Sometimes they have D.J.'s. D.J.'s always, not sometimes, play awful music and make pervy jokes. Sometimes while you wait for your table to be dismissed to the buffet line, D.J.'s play trivia games. And sometimes, rare and alarming times, you look up to find your sister singing the theme song to the Jeffersons with an unknown partner. These are the times you are grateful that you have a digital camera that takes video and a blog so that you have a platform to broadcast it over the internet.



(During these same times you are able to capture a family picture like this:)

9 comments:

Paige said...

Dave in the background of that picture makes my heart sing.

The Keslers said...

I love the commentary caught on that clip "Whats wrong with her?". So funny, Lindsay I must say sometimes some people just can't fight the urge. I am one of those people and my heart goes out to your sister.

Stacie said...

I just bookmarked your blog

Adrianne said...

I am without words. I think it's better I didn't go, I couldn't have handled it.

Ashley said...

I like that you left out the part of our father saying rather loudly, "Are we all going to sit here like bumps on a log or are we going to get up and get in line" when it clearly wasn't our turn. I did the performance as a last ditch effort to get food in Dave's face so that he wouldn't be known as the table with guy who must have touret's syndrome since he's yelling out random comments.

Jessica said...

This wins for "Best Thing of the Day" award. And I'm with Paige, while I enjoyed Ashley's performance and Allison's boobs...Dave was the complete highlight.

Cicily said...

Can I come to the next wedding with your family? I have got to see this stuff up close and personal. Didn't your grandma once tip back at a wedding? I love your family. Ric's obsession with Chuck Norris and Enya is nothing compared to these gems.

Tammy said...

Wait, was there drinking involved? I am always amazed at how damn amusing the Smart family can be, I seriously loved this entertainment. I feel like I was almost there. Great blog!

Nortorious said...

Who is the guy haunting the background?