Thursday, November 15, 2007

Carla Explains it All


This is Carla V (I will not give her full name to protect her identity) to her left is Brad( who has been featured on our blog twice, and both times was wearing tank tops.) This post is the first in an installment of what I hope will be a reoccurring segment. Carla V loves to share her knowledge and opinion even when she knows she is in a room of non supporters. Last week she gave us her opinion on digital cameras and questioned why we don't try to capture our memories on 35mm. Carla V is wise and will not be tricked into thinking that digital cameras are convenient and give you the freedom to take numerous pictures and delete them later. She hates to look at pictures through the LCD screen but most of all she hates that we carry our camera with us everywhere. Perhaps she does not subscribe to the business of memory making or she is of the opinion that our lives are not nearly as interesting as we think and can not fathom why we would want to capture any aspect of it on film. I can only guess at her reasoning but I like to think that Carla V agrees with the Aboriginal school of though that taken one's picture steals their soul. My only response is that if I did not carry my camera with me at all times I would never been able to capture this:

or this, her soulmate on his scooter.

12 comments:

Celia Fae said...

Thank heavens you don't listen to Carla. I never could have lived without seeing the balls hanging from the license plate.

Jessica said...

Ignore Carla.

I didn't realize Ryan had driven our van all the way to Arizona. I thought he was on business in the Bay Area?

Linsey said...

Or random pictures of nursing homes just down the road. Thank goodness for you and your digital camera.

s.s. bazodi said...

my morning just got 10 times better...please try your best to keep up this Carla V. you will soon have the most popular bog on the net.

Stacie White Photography said...

why doesn't carla v. have a blogspot.com?

Cicily said...

Precious Carla, how I love her. That family is just too precious for words. With B-rad, S to the Even, and Thayer bear. Top it off with a little Ryanator, and the other kids I don't know their names. Perfection!

Brown Sugar said...

who really does know their other kids names?

The Keslers said...

Stacie is on to something....Carla V. definately needs a blogspot to pubically rant and rave about various hot topics. I'm positive it would be a real hit.

Adrianne said...

Please put Carla and Dave together and film them for a blogspot/talk show weekly. I think it could be picked up by a major network and then be syndicated.

Jake and Lynn said...

Just have to tell you that Carla V and I go way back. We used to be next door neighbors when I was 7. Pretty much I used to go over to her house almost everyday to hangout with her, I'd help her with her new baby daughter and I have to say that I think a lot of my preparation for parenthood may have come from those countless hours over at her house.
Once again, love the blog....keep 'em com'n.

The Keslers said...

Tonights topics with Carla did not only include vaginas but how she would rather walk to CA for thanksgiving than drive in a car. Why you ask? So she can kick rocks to keep her busy.
Got to love Carla V.
You really missed one hell of a doozy tonight.

Stacie said...

You missed Carlas last 3 vocalized complaints last night; one being roadtrips ( how she has to sit with her family for hours and do nothing), and the other being the balls dangling from the van in your photographs. The third was digital cameras (yet again).

Her conclusion to your photograph is that she will, (quote) "Dangle a vagina from her Cadillac!" (unquote).