Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The lies I tell myself

In my previous post I admitted to being a thief. In this post I am admitting to being a liar, and there is no one I love lying to more than myself. I hate to camp. The last time I went camping I swore that I would never go again. I am always cold, I get seasonal vertigo and always have to get up more than once in the night to go to the bathroom. I told myself that this time would be different. I would bring a better sleeping bag, warmer clothes, dehydrate myself a week in advance to avoid peeing on my sweat pants while squatting in the woods at 3am. These were all lies and deep down I must have known it and to insure that I never lie to myself again, my body revolted against me. I was freezing, I got a terrible fever, I spent two hours in the moonlight puking around our campsite, I cried, I threw a tantrum and made Shanna take me home at 6am. Here is a slide show of pictures from the two hours of camping that I did enjoy.

4 comments:

The Keslers said...

I especially love the pictures of Matt falling into really akward positions by accident.

Cicily said...

How could camping be bad with Jeremy along? Did he tell tales of killing wolverines with his bare hands? How I adore that kid. So sad that you got sick, I'm sorry.

RegaNater said...

Here are some tips from a fellow camp-hater, Quit camping in the winter/Fall. If I ever go camping I will only go in The summer because if I do get cold I just think of how miserable it is at home. Problem solved! hope that helps. Oh yeah, and don't get sick, that's never cool, haha just kidding!

Adrianne said...

They don't make clothes warm enough for camping. You either just like it enough to generate a warm fuzzy from inside, or you freeze. I recommend only camping with hill billies, in the summer, in the rain, when you are tranported by a stolen vehicle. Oh, and when you are with me!