Thursday, November 15, 2007

Van Helsing Boombox

Being in a band has got to take a lot of hard work. Between practicing, touring, recording, cocaine snorting, and womanizing, a band member is going to be stretched pretty thin. There is a certain level of dedication that is required, and it is for that very reason that our band, Proud Tears, has never really taken off. We like our boring old addiction free lives just fine for now. However, I am confident that our hiatus will end someday, and that our love for making beautiful music will be rekindled. And when that beautiful day comes I imagine that it will look something like this:


Lot's of tribal-like face paint, lots of facial hair, lots of white clothing, and lots of music from the soul. This is definitely my favorite song of the moment, and this live performance is exactly what I've always hoped that Proud Tears will someday be capable of.

5 comments:

Paige said...

Thanks for all the music posts. Unfortunately it just shows me how old and unhip I am because I have no idea what you are talking about. Let me know when you start talking about old Madonna and Erasure.

Brown Sugar said...

See, as soon as people start talking about the classics of yesteryear, I am the one that feels left out and "unhip". I was raised in a household where Sting, Jimmy Buffett, and country music were the norm. So in highschool, after my awkward punk rock phase, I tried to overdose on musical history in order to make up for lost time, but i somehow skipped the 80's. Now, I must still be trying to overcompensate for my musical shortcomings by listening to obscure bands that very few people actually like or have heard of.
So really, I am the "unhip" one for trying too hard to be "hip", which probably means that I am just plain old LAME.
Maybe i should return to my roots and start posting more videos of "Cheesburger in Paradise"

Linsey said...

If you're going to go the face paint route could you step it up to body paint and use that glows in black light colored stuff? I would pay to see you sing/dance/play/stand around and do nothing if you were covered in that!

Minharos said...

I feel like I can totally relate to your childhood musical exposure! I say embrace your inner parrot head- though I would personally prefer The Volcano Song... I don't know...I don't know...I don't know where I'm a gonna go when the volcano blows...

Brown Sugar said...

The Brown children knew little more than the simple joys of drunken pirate songs. I think that we should all thank uncle scott.