Friday, November 23, 2007

Who's in your five?

We have been tagged by Cicily to share five random things about ourselves and then tag five other people. Apparently I interpreted five random things to mean five shameful confessions and urge my tagees to do the same.

Lindsay
1. I make a convincing handicapped boy. I discovered it in my high school math class and have been trying to use this talent to acquire free stuff ever since. Aren't I adorable?


2. I used to daydream about being diagnosed with a really great and tragic disease and then imagine how everyone would mourn me. I only occasional do this now, only when work is really boring, or someone has wronged me or I'm alone in the car.

3. I love minivans! I love them in their array of colors and sizes. I would own one now but am not brave enough to face the social stigmas of my peers for being a childless woman in my twenties driving a minivan.

4. I steal. I steal stuff from my parents house every time I go over there. Cleaning supplies, food, home decor, spare change..... I have no limits and rarely feel guilty for doing this. I like to think that they would have given it to me anyways so its not really stealing. But I am afraid that no one thinks this is a cute quirk like I imagine but a real problem with theft.

5. In junior high I told some of my friends that my Dad got Spinal Meningitis and was now a little "slow", in order to answer some questions they had about him. It worked.

Matthew
1. In the 11th grade my Spanish II teacher pulled me aside after class. She mentioned that the administration had informed her of my severe learning disabilities and that she would be willing to offer me extra tutoring. I angrily responded by telling her "I'm not retarded!" So, she then attempted to calm me down by saying that it must have been a mistake and that the office had me confused with one of the school's other Matt Brown's. Ever since that day, my greatest fear in life is that I actually am down-syndrome and that no one has ever told me because they fear my reaction.

2. By the end of next November, I will have voted for George W. Bush in 3 different presidential elections.

3. I wanna be MADE!
For most of my life, I have sat at home on the weekends and dreamt about going to raves and foam parties, but I've never gone because of my severe self-esteem issues. So now, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that MTV's show Made, will accept my admission tape and help make me into a rave super-star.

4. When my friends would buy packs of candy cigarettes and sit around and pretend to be smoking, I would pretend that mine were laced with PCP, then I would jump through glass windows and pulverize every living thing in sight with my fists.

5. I used to tell people that I don't like to read. Then Lindsay told me that when a person says that they don't like to read, they are really just saying that they are stupid. So, lately I've been telling her that I actually do like to read, and I even go as far as to carry a book with me to some family gatherings... but the truth is, I still really don't like to read.


Now we challenge Brad and Shanna, Stacie, Adrianne, and Ashley to reveal their secrets. Make it good!

8 comments:

Adrianne said...

The stealing is public knowledge. In fact, when Ashley visited she found a pair of her socks in my drawer and I told her you must have left them here when you visited...I don't steal of course.

The Keslers said...

Lindsay I really believe that stealing is a cute quirk as long as compulsive lieing counts too.

Stacie said...

I almost had to copy/paste your clepto gag, however mine dealt more with major corporations and high-end retail stores. Talk to Shanna about Supermarkets.

Jessica said...

Man, you guys are boring.

kayleen said...

acting like a retard never gets old.

Jenna Robert said...

Thanks for not tagging me, I tagged myself. CHECK IT!!!

Jake and Lynn said...

I've decided that if ever I am in a bad mood, bored out of my mind, or if it's monday-sunday your blog will make my day better. Thanks for the insightful look into your life...like I always say, keep 'em coming.

Mindy said...

oh matt and lindsay. great things to know about you. i love the klepto/stealing habit. oh, matt, nathaniel or nate allen wants to hang out with you and "hold you" as he put it. he is married to rachel and i am her visiting teacher. so....can i give him your digits? happy friday.