Thursday, October 25, 2007

How Our Dinner Table Rolls

Does this look like dinner to you?
If you come to my house around supper time, it will.

This blog post was started by a very ambitious Lindsay, but along with a few other household projects tonight, she was unable to finish it because of a severe case of the crankies. She asked me to wrap up this post in her stead, and like my two biggest heroes -- Sir Lancelot and King Aurthur, I am a man of my word, and finish it I will.
So, while Lindsay lets Tyra Banks and America's Next Top Model calm her in the next room, let me start out by saying that she (Lindsay) is a really great cook. She is creative in the kitchen and usually she comes up with healthy and delicious meals for us, but tonight she wasn't having any of that. So she followed her inner chubby-kid, and she made us a dinner of microwavable Lean Pockets, cottage cheese, and soda. We followed this entree with a popsicle dessert.
While it may not have been her finest culinary hour, it did lead us to an important discovery, which is the real reason behind this post.
...Lean Pockets make you lose weight!!!
Just check out this link, and you'll find out for yourself why dozens of folks are already telling the conventional school of thought behind healthy eating, to, "Go To Hell!"
Tales from the Scales
I mean, come on! Lean Pockets made one of these dudes loose 282 pounds, and now he can fulfill his "life-long dream". There's even a gal on there from my very own hometown of Chandler (ages 2 - 12), who lost 100 lbs, and that hits home for me.
Thank you Lean Pockets, and thank you Lindsay.

This, of course, is a picture of Lindsay before her lean pocket/cottage cheese dinner made her cranky.
***P.S. -- the bottle of wine in the background was a gift from our Phoenix landlord, Ko Yu. For the last year and a half this unopened bottle has been displayed in each of our homes as a reminder of his great landlordship.
***P.S.S. -- Sorry for the strong language in this post (My fantasy basketball league has already threatened me with disciplinary action for my inappropriate language on the message boards this season, and the season hasn't even officially begun yet. I guess that it's just my way.) But since my Mom would be the most likely reader to be offended by this, and she's already told us that she doesn't read our blog anymore because of my R. Kelly post, I decided to just go for it.
***P.S.S.S. -- Mom, if you have for some great reason decided to give this blog a second or third chance, then I do sincerely apologize.

7 comments:

Brown Sugar said...

Matthew- I love you and think that you are hilarious- even though you told everyone that I was cranky and indulging in Top Model.

Your Wife-

p.s. I am not cranky today- maybe I will prepare a better dinner

Jake and Lynn said...

Ahhhhh! I'm so glad that you found me! Yes, yes those were some great days we had living in the same neighborhood, same ward, etc. I'm gonna add you to my list. So now I can see all that you're up to! That last post cracked me up! Keep 'em com'n.

Celia Fae said...

I thought they were hot apple pies from McDonalds. Please show those next time. The Lean Pockets are making me gag.

Jenna Robert said...

I've had you as a blogger friend since day one.

Cicily said...

I am currently in the process of stocking my fridge with Lean Pockets. I too would like to live out my lifelong dream. Um, why have I not been added to your friends list? Upsetting, very upsetting.

Linsey said...

So, first I thought those were Chimichangas and I was REALLY jealous. And now that I know they are Lean Pockets, um, I'm still jealous! Lindsay, you have the best wife ever!

Brown Sugar said...

i've always thought that it was out of necessity. thatnks for dispelling that myth