Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Mrs. Kitty

May I apologize to the faithful viewers of our blog (if we have any) for our absence. We have been moving this last week. And with all of the joys of moving there is the joy of decorating a new house and finding a new place for Mrs. Kitty.

Oh my, have I not introduced you to Mrs. Kitty? Pardon me. I came across Mrs. Kitty in a discard bin at Ross. I know what you are thinking, they have a discard bin at Ross? Yes, yes and a double meow-yes. At first she did not catch my eye because she is not hideously outrageous or tacky, she is more subtle and refined and that is how she won me over and practically stole the $2.39 out of my pocketbook.

As you can see she is not just another cat dressed as a human she is a cat dressed as a lady of the Renaissance. Other then wanting to dress my walls with great art, I bought Mrs. Kitty because everyone hates her and people who do not know me well become embarrassed for me when they see her hanging on my wall. She also makes an interesting statement, not about herself but about people who create the market for animals dressed in human clothing. You know who you are, you are probably watching season 1 of Ellen on DVD right now.

Mrs. Kitty


Mrs. Kitty's close up


me getting pumped up to find Mrs. Kitty a new home.

8 comments:

Paige said...

MEOW! How about right in front of the toilet so all your guests will be sure to see it, and accidentally flush her while in there?

Stacie said...

purrfect! you never cease to amaze me.

Jessica said...

You should just leave her right there on the sofa (like the first picture) and then you could pretend she was a real cat and snuggle up with her while you watch USA.

Linsey said...

Mrs. Kitty looks so happy in her new pad, will she be going on the wall or just moving around the house in an eerily, not quite anthropomorphic way?

Cicily said...

What you moved? Back to Phoenix? I was actually wondering if I could have your Ms.Kitty photo, it's something I've always dreamed about.

Celia Fae said...

Ross is getting a lot of play this week. I better get a discount card. I like kitties. I wish I could dress mine up.

Brown Sugar said...

Cicily, we moved in Mesa to that crappy neighborhood on the old Williams Air Force base. We are bummed, and even ashamed to not be living in phoenix, or at least a cool neighborhood in Chandler, like you.

s.s. bazodi said...

when did you move? I just might duplicate a miss kitty for my painting class.