Thursday, October 4, 2007

Roid Rage

Gym goers beware! I read an article in a very informative and credible news source, People Magazine, about an altercation that took place between two men in a spinning class. The victim was enjoying his spinning class the only way he knew how, by groaning and shouting out, "You Go Girl!" When he was approached by another male in the class. A few words were exchanged and then the angry spinner picked up the loud man and his BIKE and threw him against a wall. This story is shocking, mostly because these men were not celebrities and I have no idea why they are in the pages of People magazine. The only non celebrities allowed are usually women who kill their husbands or lose a lot of weight. However I am grateful that this story crossed my path for I am a noise offender in all aspects of life, especially the gym. I even utter positive reinforcement to myself out loud when I work out like the aforementioned, "You Go Girl!" Thankfully I have not been to the gym in months or else I could have been the victim of a steroid raging man in a spin class.




this is what I imagine the enthusiastic spinner looked like at the time of his attack.

This is my father. He taught me about noises; the noises you make when you feel good and the noises you make when you feel bad and the noises that will make other people uncomfortable.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

You go girl is right! I think your darling nephew Cade will also carry on the Dave Smart noise making abilities.

Adrianne said...

See, this is exactly why you needed to enter blog land. Anyone experiencing severe pain in their private parts (which is exactly what spinning is) deserves to chant anything necessary to keep going. But who was this incredible hulk?!?!?

Minharos said...

We immensely enjoyed the mental images that your stories conjure such as a very skinny Lindsay cycling away in spinning class grunting to her heart's content. Keep the stories coming!
Kelsey, Katie and Levy

s.s. bazodi said...

welcome to the world of blooooooog. We might have to start a joint blog "gilbert gurlzzz gazzett"

Jessica said...

Yay for your blog!

Tammy said...

Linds, you crack me up! I will be regularly visiting your blog for laughs. Come view my blog as well, hoping to entertain you from time to time. Tamtime